Friday, February 5, 2010

OK, so I haven't written anything since my last blog post. I have not yet even finished my dangling little sentence. I don't know what it is you expect out of me. I have managed to read another Jack Campbell book, Fearless as well as another Louie Giglio book, The Air I Breath.

I also finished Sun of Suns by Karl Schroeder. The book was vaguely disappointing. Actually, there was nothing vague about how disappointed I was in the book. I was actually pretty bored with the whole thing. It is a unique world, but ultimately a lifeless one. Maybe it was the reader that made it so unlikeable. In the end, I didn't really care for any of the characters. The world never really made sense to me and nobody really mattered.

I have also started to read Writing Down the Bones by Natalie Goldberg. For some reason it is preferable to read about writing than it is to actually write.

Today, in my attempt to be at least a knowledgeable non-writer, I looked up what split infinitive is and why you are supposed to avoid them. Apparently that rule is a bit dated and doesn't quite always apply. I personally like to frequently split all of my infinitives. The Split Infinitive sounds like a title of a John Brunner book that I once owned but never got around to reading.

Today I will write! I have time and I have quiet. Both are rarities. Of course I also have three books sitting in front of me now that are catching my interest as I type this. The Tipping Point by Malcolm Gladwell and Why Christianity Must Change or Die by a left wing liberal nut job by the name of John Shelby Spong. Oh, what to do!

Your non-writing writer, signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment